Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy (late) Halloween

Wow!!! Is Halloween over already? I hope everyone had a great time. I know we sure did. Fall is such a wonderful time in Tennessee. You get some much needed relief from the heat and humidity of crazy southern summers, you get to enjoy college football games on Saturdays with friends (well, maybe not so much this year) & of course, your yard turns into a beautiful jewel!!! 

I must admit that I grew up in a rural area. We weren't into "landscaping" as much as we were into enjoying the beauty of the leaves changing color in the fall. My home had two huge maple trees in the front yard, and when those trees changed...well, watch out! The leaves were incredible and they created the most beautiful red carpet. After they dried my dad woud go over and over them with the lawn mower so our yard would be that much better come the next spring.

We have had such a good time at the nursery this fall. First we became a "Proven Winners® Certified Garden Center",  what a great company with incredible support. A good time was had by all as we made fun new container gardens and window boxes. Proven Winners® truly makes container gardening so easy. They give you recipes to follow just like you were baking a cake. They have little cards to help you out. I really don't think I could be happier working with a company. I can't wait to see what we get to create for spring. I hope you all come in to check out what have. 

Next, we had so many new decorations for Halloween and fall. Whether you needed whimsical scarecrows and witches or sophisticated yard flags. We had all kinds of neat stuff. Oh, and I almost forgot, we had PUMPKINS all over the place! Wow!!! We had big pumkins, little pumpkins, white pumkins, orange pumpkins, warty pumpkins, smooth pumpkins...oh, how I love fall (have I mentioned that?) We had big scary spiders and menacing skeletons. We hope to get bigger and better every year.....
Oh oh oh...speaking of getting bigger and better, now that we are really into fall, we are planning our Christmas Open House. If you were here for that last year you know that can only mean one thing, the reindeer are coming!! No kidding, we have real honest to goodnes reindeer at the nursery. Is that crazy or what? I mean, I had no idea you could get real reindeer right here in Rocky Hill. I thought it was just unbelievable, but we got 'em. This year the Open House will be December 6 & 7. I'm going to talk about this some more later as I have probably already lost all three of my readers by going on and on. For now I am leaving you with a picture from last year's open house. More information to come...

1 comment:

studiolrt said...

Hey Missy~
I knew you had it in you. You are quite the blogger! Lots to say. Well, it looks great and I can't wait to keep reading.
xoxoxox
Linda