Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I'm Always Cold!!!

Some may say that I am in the wrong business. Here I am sitting in a cold work trailer with my feet freezing! At least I have cable television and wireless internet. I went to school to be an interior designer for cryin' out loud!!! Now I am OUTSIDE most of the time. Isn't that the OPPOSITE of interior design. I know I'm not the smartest girl out there....but I'm pretty sure it's not the same thing.

You see, the thought of working outside in people's yards had never crossed my mind. Why would it? I'm an inside girl. I don't go camping, and I buy hiking boots because I think they are "cute" not for their utility value. I drove a Jeep for 6 years and put it in 4 wheel drive a couple of times when I was driving across a particularly high, grassy yard. Then I met a man who sold plants for a living and everything changed.

He said, "Hey, you make things look pretty on the inside. Just change that to the outside." Well, that's easy enough. Why didn't I think of that!? Actually, it has worked out pretty well (except for days when my feet get cold--and that's a lot right now). I still get to use that creative side, and I get to play in the dirt. I like to think that I can help people add a "soft" side to their yard. I like for things to be homey & pretty. In the end....isn't that what we all want? 

Well, I guess I need to go back outside now, my feet have warmed up. I am going to take some pictures of our latest project to show you. It's a BIG project that we are really excited about. I just hope I can stay warm enough to click those pictures. : )

No comments: